Demolition is a common practice in the construction industry. Old properties are demolished to create new ones. But the process comes with its challenges and risks. Thus, you should aware of various precautions if you are going to be a part of the process. Following are some demolition tips that you should always keep in your mind before the work starts.
- Sort out Permits: Before demolition begins, make sure that all your permits are arranged. This helps avoid delays from councils and neighbours.
- Strip Walls: Stripping walls downwards to the stud helps you to remove the additional materials or installations which are not necessary. You can begin from scratch and make sure you get a high-quality renovation or rebuild.
- Don’t use the Building During the Procedure: For safety purposes, it is recommended to not use the building at the time of demolition. Dirt and dust will be rampant at the demolition. You can also opt for asbestos testing in Newcastle to know if there’s any risk of infection.
- Take Precautions: Asbestos exposure can impact your whole team’s health. Make sure that asbestos is recognized and planned that will help run the demolition smoothly.
- Restrict Exposure to Harmful Materials and Chemicals: Exposure to formaldehyde, lead paint, and synthetic mineral fibers is not harmful but can be irritating. Workers should use protective clothes and respirators if the process requires lead paint, formaldehyde, and SMF contact.
- Recycle Things: A huge variety of materials can be recycled. It helps the planet and also saves your money. Thus, you should store the things like beams, steel, interior doors, concrete, toilets, sinks, fittings, and fixtures that can be reused.