Here, in this post you will get step to step instructions on how to configure the Netgear range extender N300 using the web GUI?. So read the post carefully.
Connect With Netgear Installation Assistant:
- Plug your Netgear extender into electrical outlet.
- Wait until the power LED turns solid green.If the LED does not show, then don’t panic and press the power on/off button on the extender.
- Connect your device to the extender. You can connect your device to extender through two methods:
- Connect Device With Extender Via Ethernet Cable: To connect your device with extender use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Connect Device With Extender Via Wifi: To connect your device with the extender open the wifi connection manager and connect to the extender network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Open any web browser in your connected device.
- Enter http www. mywifiext.net extender login. The new extender setup page will display.
- Click the new extender setup button.
- Follow the on- screen instructions and click on the next.
- Make sure that the access point/ extender switch is set to extender and click to continue button.
- Select the network that you want to extend and click on next button.
- In the password field type the router existing password and click on the next button.
- Set the network name SSID and password as your existing router.
- Connect your wifi enabled device to the new extender wifi network using the extender SSID and password.
- Make sure that your wifi enabled device is successfully connected before you click on the continue button.
- Click on the continue button. When you click a message display that the extender is connected and ready.
- Click on the next button and the registration page displays.
- Complete the registration field and click on finish button.
- Now, place the extender where you want to be.
If you are getting any issue while performing these steps, then take the help of the professionals at My WiFi Ext Fix. You can call us on our toll free number and get the required help.