Demolition is a common practice in the construction industry. Old properties are demolished to create new ones. But the process comes with its challenges and risks. Thus, you should aware of various precautions if you are going to be a part of the process. Following are some demolition tips that you should always keep in your mind before the work starts.
- Sort out Permits: Before demolition begins, make sure that all your permits are arranged. This helps avoid delays from councils and neighbours.
- Strip Walls: Stripping walls downwards to the stud helps you to remove the additional materials or installations which are not necessary. You can begin from scratch and make sure you get a high-quality renovation or rebuild.
- Don’t use the Building During the Procedure: For safety purposes, it is recommended to not use the building at the time of demolition. Dirt and dust will be rampant at the demolition. You can also opt for asbestos testing in Newcastle to know if there’s any risk of infection.
- Take Precautions: Asbestos exposure can impact your whole team’s health. Make sure that asbestos is recognized and planned that will help run the demolition smoothly.
- Restrict Exposure to Harmful Materials and Chemicals: Exposure to formaldehyde, lead paint, and synthetic mineral fibers is not harmful but can be irritating. Workers should use protective clothes and respirators if the process requires lead paint, formaldehyde, and SMF contact.
- Recycle Things: A huge variety of materials can be recycled. It helps the planet and also saves your money. Thus, you should store the things like beams, steel, interior doors, concrete, toilets, sinks, fittings, and fixtures that can be reused.
The easiest source of entry for asbestos is through the nose. From the nose, it heads straight to the lungs where the accumulation of asbestos takes place. It is then it becomes a problem for the body because it starts to cause health issues after a certain period of time. But why is this material known to be harmful to our body? The answer is when 2 of these diseases is caused by asbestos.
- Lung Cancer – Smoking was the biggest source of causing lung cancer. However, as times change, smoking is now not the only cause of lung cancer. One of the causes of this disease is due to a material called asbestos. In fact, this material is usually present in places where people work in these industries related to milling, mining, manufacturing etc. Moreover, chest pains, breathing difficulty are some of the symptoms of asbestos.
- Asbestosis – Asbestosis is known to cause problems related to respiration. Considered as non-cancerous however, related to asbestos it is a dangerous disease. The reason for being dangerous is because it can cause some painful problems like crackling sounds during the time of breathing. Moreover, there is no medicine or cure for treatment. However, a visit to a doctor is probably the only cure.
These are probably the 2 most common diseases caused by asbestos. Due to this reason, it is best to take care of the health in order to avoid any form of symptoms or diseases. You may want to call a professional for asbestos removal in Newcastle region in the event you see one.
For an asbestos material to enter easily inside our body is via the nose. After it enters, the asbestos heads over to the lung surface which gets accumulated later on causing harmful diseases such as lung disease. This disease is considered to be dangerous. Moreover, humans cannot see asbestos material via the eyes especially when it is mixed with the atmosphere. Let’s focus on some of the diseases caused by this material called asbestos.
- Lung Cancer – As mentioned above, lung cancer is the most common disease caused by asbestos. No doubt, this disease is also caused by smoking. However, smoking is not the only cause of lung cancer in todays time. Moreover, people working in manufacturing, mining and milling fields are more prone to getting exposed to asbestos. Some of the symptoms include chest pain, pain during cough, difficulty while breathing etc.
- Asbetosis – This is a disease caused by asbestos material however, related to respiration problems. This disease is considered to be non-cancerous. However, it is dangerous as the lungs starts producing crackling sound while breathing that is painful. The problem becomes more complicated as this disease has no cure for the moment. The best way to consider doing is to visit and consult a doctor at the earliest.
These are usually the 2 main diseases caused by asbestos material that are considered dangerous. Therefore, one should never take it lightly especially when he or she has been exposed to asbestos. Call a professional today for asbestos removal in Newcastle, NSW area today.